Showcase of the best songs each week!

Custom Search

Dec 19, 2010

Energy Pad Review

*Please post any questions you have in the comments below.

Over the years, I have had my encounters with many different dance pads. Some of them were amazingly accurate while some were amazingly crappy. There comes a point when you have to give up playing on your official Konami soft pad and upgrade to a more usable pad. But with all the third party pads out there what would be a reliable pad to go to?


After doing a lot of research, my friend decided to get an Energy foam pad. It has three plug-ins for the PC, X-Box and PS2. Coming out of the box, the foam looked like puzzle pieces that came together. We put them together, zipped it up and tried it out. We couldn't have been more happy. We spent the rest of the night using it. I loved how solid it felt compared to the soft pad. It made it much easier to move from note to note. It moved a little on the ground but stayed in place better than the soft pad. Not only that but our scores made an improvement as well. The notes rarely registered wrong or early. This pad worked so well that another friend decided to get the same pad and bought me one as a gift. These pads were amazing! For the first time, I started to beat boss songs that would of been very difficult to beat otherwise because of the inaccuracies of other pads. They worked perfect for about a year of heavy use and then they started to see some age.

After about a year, the pads would go through phases of working well and not working well. My first friend's pad started to have all of the elevated notes shift to the center. The arrows still worked very well but it felt like you were in a different spot than what you were. My pad started to develop tears on its surface. I patched these with tape so they wouldn't rip more. The final pad took the longest to see some wear. Eventually, it started to rip in one spot. They still worked really well considering the amount of use they received. We played on them until we had to concede. A tear finally developed on an inside layer of my pad and cut a connection. That's when I had to throw mine away. Altogether, two of them lasted for two years while the other lasted for two and a half years.

After throwing them away, we went through a period of mourning. After a while, we just couldn't take it! I upgraded to a cobalt flux while my friend got another energy foam pad! Unlike any other foam pad before, I was able to get my first AAA on an expert song. Right out of the box, its accuracy was right with the flux. Long story short, this is by far my favorite foam pad! Their accuracy is right on time and they really compete well with metal pads. The only downfalls are you may have to replace them every two to three years if you use them a lot and they slip a little. On the other hand, they are much less pricy than a metal pad, so they may be worth it. If you'd like to read other people's reviews or purchase one of these pads, please visit the link below.

You can purchase a high density Energy pad here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search